Tuesday, November 25, 2008

bad parenting

i walked into the bathroom tonight at o'charley's and saw a man helping his son with his business at the urinal. no big deal. the little guy needed help, and i am glad his father was there to help. however, what happened next had me questioning the type of parenting that was taking place. upon finishing his task, the son walked towards the sink that was obviously too high for him to reach. *at this point, any decent human being would have picked his son up so that he could reach the sink, because washing one's hands is quite important. however, instead of doing this prescribed task, the father said, "no. that's too high for you" and ushered him out of the restroom. i was appalled. and still am. unforgivable.

3 comments:

Alan said...

Judging from your blog, men in IL have bathroom issues...
I have noticed a disproportionately large amount of guys wash their hands in law school though: the more the brainpower the more likely someone will wash their hands?

kellen owenby said...

i would probably agree with your theory. however, just to clarify, this incident happened in carrollton, ga...

Leslie said...

Oh my...Kellen, Bradley shared this with me because he knows how crazy I get when people don't wash their hands! I have started just saying something as they go out the door like, oh my gosh, they did not EVEN wash their hands. Don't know if it helps, but I can't hold it in any longer!