Wednesday, December 24, 2008

rest?

i must say i'm experiencing a bit of a culture shock being back in GA. it is 60 degrees outside, and i have absolutely nowhere i have to be right now. with all my endeavors in the great state of illinois, i really just don't have much time to figure out what to do with. most of my time is pretty much planned out for me (by my work schedules). so, i'm having a little bit of a problem. i feel like i should be doing something. i don't have anything that i really need to be doing. but i feel like i should. i'm not sure if this is just a natural response to a vacation away from a busy schedule or if this is God telling me that i've forgotten how to rest. i wonder if somehow i've tied activity to worth/importance somewhere in my mind and am now experiencing the backlash.

i'll be in GA 8 more days (most of those days' activities not being particularly scheduled out). hopefully, i'll learn to embrace this rest so that i can really enjoy every bit of time i get to spend chillin' with my awesome family and friends!

1 comment:

Ron said...

Actually, Kellen ... between choice "A" and choice "B" ... there is absolutely no difference. God speaks quite often through your restlessness. I believe you creekers call it, "Holy Discontent?"