Sunday, August 17, 2008

weekend goodness

so, as promised, i have a little more to say about crazy love. here's the strange thing, some of the stuff really started resonating with me much more this weekend. 

my adventures this weekend have been quite interesting! i taught at my first worship conference, i have been at the atlanta airport 3 times in the past 2 days (and will be there again tomorrow morning), and i met and spent a lot of time with one of the most interesting people/best songwriters that i have ever met (you know his songs). great/crazy weekend. however, the entire time, i have had a strange feeling about being here.

the weirdness started on my way to my parents' house from the airport. i was talking to andrew (he picked me up from the airport. what a great friend. *this is before he dropped my phone in sweet tea.), and i told him about how weird it felt to be back in GA. it's not a bad thing...i just don't feel like this is where i'm supposed to be anymore. there is nothing for me here. *which is really an answered prayer because it would've been really awful if i would have gotten here and been ready to move back! ha. but it really solidified in my heart and gave me total assurance that i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be (at willow)!

so, anyways, as i was teaching sessions at the school of worship (which was amazing) on how to run a rehearsal, God really just spoke to me about what rehearsal is really about. it is, of course, on the surface, how we get the band ready to play for our services on sundays. however, it is so much more than that! it is the time that we have set aside to empower and encourage our student band members, and i think that is really the main idea (for me) behind it. rehearsal has the potential to be a really boring and possibly frustrating time. but i really have seen now that rehearsal is just one of the avenues that God has given me to share His crazy love with our students. 

if i'm doing my job and really leading them, i think that they will go out and share His love with others. *and that is when the real worship happens!!!!!

so, leaving GA tomorrow, i am very thankful for where God has me and what He has me doing! very cool.

3 comments:

Ron said...

Okay, Kellen. It's "gloves off time!" You laughed at me on my blog! How dare you! Well. Actually, having met you a couple of times, I don't blame you for having laughed. 200 miles is a long way to go for peaches when they are available 5 miles from home. Drat.

I loved what you said in your blog today. I "get it." When I moved away from St. Louis it was an incredibly tough thing to do. Friends. Family. You know the drill. I wasn't at all certain about this decision. And trust me ... I wasn't exactly moving to Willow! We are talking about 150 that just love their West Virginia roots. But the point is, God has shown me that, for this season, this is precisely where I'm suppose to be. And though there are moments of inner turmoil caused by missing those that i dearly love, I do know (did I say "know?") ... yes, know, that I am in God's will. So rest in what He has revealed to you, my friend. You are far away from your earthly home. Who knows? God may or may not move you back there someday. But you are blessed to be a part of a community that will, given time, throw their arms wide open to you and you will find an embrace you never would have felt had you not made the move.

Sermon over. No charge. I just know the pangs of moving and loneliness and wanted you to be encouraged and know you are being prayed for in ... Cleveland. (Yes, you can live in Cleveland and still pray. The prayers just have to travel farther. :) )

Ron (aka: Scott W's dad.)

Wirth said...

I miss you. A lot.

Anonymous said...

blog me. akhendrix.wordpress.com