Wednesday, October 15, 2008

vaca

i just finished reading hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. amazing. it was a far cry from my typical, contemporary christian readings, but i must say, it was a welcomed break. it was really like a vacation for my mind. yes...

i get so caught up in church work and ministry a lot of times that i forget that i love to read, and write, and make art in general. this book definitely took me back to a time in college when i was forced (by various creative writing instructors *to whom i am eternally grateful) to read things that i would never have chosen for myself to read. they stretched me so much. artistically and intellectually. however, since graduation, which is now about 10 months ago (weird), i have not read one thing of that nature.

well, that stops now. i think jesus doesn't like it when we neglect the gifting that he has given us. balance, i'm learning more and more, is the key to my walk...

3 comments:

Alan said...

I know what you miss the most was waking up to my blaring the Redcoats every gameday...
And yes, it is weird that we graduated 10 mos ago...very weird.

kellen owenby said...

very true.

Anonymous said...

oh so true.